It’s that time again, our book club meets for our monthly discussion of a book of poetry. This month’s book is Nadine Sabra Meyer’s The Anatomy Theater. Watch the video discussion on our Book Club Page. You will find all the links and items discussed, as well as additional information, from the video discussion right here on this post. So check it out, watch the video, then check it out again and discuss!
Nadine Sabra Meyer
Read other poems by the author online!
- “The Legible Body: or Melancholia”
- “Adoration,” “Woman and Child Blowing Bubbles,” “Woman Weighing Gold”
- “Invocation: A Fragment”
- Check out a Pinterest page, Nadine Sabra Meyer’s “The Anatomy Theater” Ekphrastic Experience, we made just for this book! It includes nearly all of the artwork featured in this book…and more!
Other recommended reads to accompany this book:
- The Art Of Medicine: Over 2,000 years of images and imagination
- Merriam Webster’s Visual Dictionary
- Bodies: The Exhibition
- On Being Ill by: Virginia Woolf
- Linda Beirds’ poem, “The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp”
- Claudia Emerson’s poem, “The Medical Venus”
- The Lady Anatomist
- Poets.org Body Poems Feature and List of Poems
Leave your comments, discussions, questions and suggestions here! We would love to hear from you.